Am I Required To Have A PRS Or PPL License If I Have A Radio In My Workshop?

16 September 2011

A large number of calls and e-mails in to our member helpline over the last few weeks has meant that, for this week’s General Helpline Question, we have chosen to revisit the topic of music licenses.

Unfortunately, if you are playing music in a public place (and this includes workshops and reception areas) then you will be required to have both a PRS and a PPL license. The requirement is backed up in a piece of legislation known as the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

Login to view more content Not a member? Join now

The Woodworking CPD Programme

Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programme enables both individuals and companies develop skills, record success and recognise development needed for your business to excel.

Register for FREE

Already registered for CPD? Login here

The Woodworking CPD Programme