The Diploma in FIre Doors is a series of online education modules designed to broaden your knowledge of fire door requirements in commercial and residential buildings.
- Foundation module: Provides a basic understanding of fire doors and their components, including testing and certification, regulations and standards, inspection and maintenance.
- Timber fire doors and frames: Gives a more detailed look at timber fire and escape doorsets, their construction, installation and functional performance.
- Metal fire doors: Provides information on how steel doors differ from timber doors, how they are tested, glazed, installed and maintained.
- Glazing: Gives detailed guidance on the different types of fire resistant glass, glazed apertures, glazing retention systems and beading and the importance of getting it right.
- Seals: Gives detailed information on the function and technology of intumescent, acoustic and smoke seals, how they're identified and installed.
- Ironmongery and signage (Part 1): Covers why each type of ironmongery is essential, critical issues about installation, how to check it is functioning correctly and when the item should be replaced.
- Ironmongery and signage (Part 2): Covers essential and non-essential ironmongery, the requirements for panic escape mechanisms and signage on fire doors.
- Transition module: Only for diploma holders who wish to become an FDIS Certificated Inspector