Your course will include:
- manual handling hazards, risks and controls
- how manual handling operations can cause injury and harm
- the scope of legal requirements and where guidance can be found
- the process for assessing manual handling risks
- the value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice
Manual handling techniques:
- lifting loads from low levels
- working at low levels
- lowering from height
- pushing loads
- pulling loads
- carrying/team handling
Part 1 will allow learners to understand the risks associated with manual handling and to make recommendations to manage those risks.
Part 2 will allow learners to apply the principles of safer handling to a range of everyday manual handling tasks.
CIEH Level 2 Principles and Practice of Manual Handling
- Designed for: All employees
- Course duration: One day
- Assessment method: 30 Question Multi Choice Paper and Practical Assessment
Level 3 NVQ in Health & Safety
Members of the WITForum (and BWF members) receive a discounted rate as part of their subscription.
Costs vary depending on the number of delegates, current experience and other factors. Please contact Dave Campbell, WITForum Training Manager using the form below and we will draw up a quote. Alternatively, call us on 0844 815 9981.