The OSAT Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety is a qualification, designed for employees who are not health, safety and environment professionals but who are involved in health and safety in their workplace.
Your course will include:
•Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
•Develop procedures to safety control work operations
•Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
•Promote a healthy and safe culture in the workplace
•Conduct a health and safety risk assessment of a workplace
•Investigate and evaluate health and safety incidents and complaints in the workplace
•Make sure your own actions within the workplace aim to protect the environment
•Review health and safety procedures in workplaces
•Supervise the health, safety and welfare of a learner in the workplace
Level 3 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety Practice (City & Guilds)
•Course duration: Up to 12 months
•Continual assessment and support
Level 5 NVQ in Health & Safety
Costs and funding opportunities
Course cost: £1,750
Standard funding rates:
Funding support from government: Please see the funding for training page for guidlines on any government funding that may be available
Funding support from BWF: £875, where companies are registered with CITB and are not receiveing full funding from government
Funding support from CITB Grant Scheme:
- Companies can claim £400 for any OSAT qualfiication once if has been achieved, through the normal grant scheme process.
- Companies that pay an annual levy, and submit CITB returns on time, are also eligible for the supplimentary grant on top of 22% (£88)
- CITB is also providing an Extraordinary grant of at least £250 or between 11%-15% (rate still to be set), whichever is higher, of all grant claimed by a company in the 2013-2014 grant year. It has not been confirmed if this grant will be available, (therefore this grant may not be available if candidates achieve thier NVQ qualification after 31st July 2014).
- Download the pre-assessment form - you will need one form per learner.
- Complete sections 1 and 2 only at this stage
- Return your form to Dave Campbell, BWF Marketing & Training Manager via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake in the email
- Fax: 0844 209 2611, quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake on the covering page
- Post: British Woodworking Federation, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
You can register as many candidates as you like, with an initial restriction of 3 learners per company for the BWF portion of grant, where eligible.