The role of a joiner is one made up of a mixture of machining and hand-skills to produce both routine joinery prodcuts and more complex joinery products. Tailored around the needs and skills required by the business, this course is flexible to requirements of modern joinery manufacture.
This course provides training in the set up and operation of woodworking machinery, and the and making and assembly of wooden compenents, including cutting, moulding, shaping and jointing joinery products.
- Loading and assisting in the operation of woodworking machinery
- Prepare and set up machinery and materials
- Modify materials to form timber and timber-based products
- Prepare, set up machinery and modify materials
- Training on at least three machines, at least one machine from sawing, also one or more from either planning, sanding, morticing, CNC/NC, boring or profiling, can include one other from sawing.
- Cut, shape, mould and joint wooden components
- Check and maintain tooling and keeping in working condition
- Understand and manage your own health & safety
Level 2 Wood Product Manufacturing NVQ (PIABC)
Costs and funding opportunities
Course cost: £1,500
Standard funding rates:
Funding support from government: Please see the funding for training page for guidlines on any government funding that may be available
Funding support from BWF: £750, where companies are registered with CITB and are not receiveing full funding from government
Funding support from CITB Grant Scheme:
- Companies can claim £400 for any OSAT qualfiication once if has been achieved, through the normal grant scheme process.
- Companies that pay an annual levy, and submit CITB returns on time, are also eligible for the supplimentary grant on top of 22% (£88)
- Download the pre-assessment form - you will need one form per learner.
- Complete sections 1 and 2 only at this stage
- Return your form to Dave Campbell, BWF Marketing & Training Manager via:
- Email: email@example.com quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake in the email
- Fax: 0844 209 2611, quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake on the covering page
- Post: British Woodworking Federation, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
You can register as many candidates as you like, with an initial restriction of 3 learners per company for the BWF portion of grant, where eligible.