The role of a joiner is one made up of a mixture of machining and hand-skills to produce both routine joinery prodcuts and more complex joinery products. Tailored around the needs and skills required by the business, this course is flexible to requirements of modern joinery manufacture.
This course provides training in the set up and operation of woodworking machinery, and the and making and assembly of wooden compenents, including cutting, moulding, shaping and jointing joinery products.
- Loading and assisting in the operation of woodworking machinery
- Prepare and set up machinery and materials
- Modify materials to form timber and timber-based products
- Prepare, set up machinery and modify materials
- Training on at least three machines, at least one machine from sawing, also one or more from either planning, sanding, morticing, CNC/NC, boring or profiling, can include one other from sawing.
- Cut, shape, mould and joint wooden components
- Check and maintain tooling and keeping in working condition
- Understand and manage your own health & safety
Level 2 Wood Product Manufacturing NVQ (PIABC)
Funding Support from CITB Grant Scheme:
- Companies can claim £400 for any OSAT qualification once it has been achieved, through the normal grant scheme process.
Cost vary depending on the number of delegates, current experience and other factors. Please email email@example.com who will arrange for a quote. Alternatively call the office on 0844 209 2610 or fill the the form below.