Taking the knowledge from timber merchanting to provide knowledge and skills in timber technology, purchasing and selling of timber products and customer service skills. Qualification suitable to those working in the office in sales and procurement.
Your course will include
• health & safety in the workplace
• timber and panel products and their uses
• purchase timber and timber based products
• sell timber and timber based products
• customer service skills
• stock and logistics operations
• L2 NVQ Diploma in Merchant Supplies - Timber (demonstrating your practical skills)
Delivered in the workplace
Up to 12 months
Progression can include the following:
• Supervision & Management
Costs and funding opportunities
Course cost: £1,500
Standard funding rates:
Funding support from government: Please see the funding for training page for guidlines on any government funding that may be available
Funding support from BWF: £875, where companies are registered with CITB and are not receiveing full funding from government
Funding support from CITB Grant Scheme:
- Companies can claim £400 for any OSAT qualfiication once if has been achieved, through the normal grant scheme process.
- Companies that pay an annual levy, and submit CITB returns on time, are also eligible for the supplimentary grant on top of 22% (£88)
- CITB is also providing an Extraordinary grant of at least £250 or between 11%-15% (rate still to be set), whichever is higher, of all grant claimed by a company in the 2013-2014 grant year. It has not been confirmed if this grant will be available, (therefore this grant may not be available if candidates achieve thier NVQ qualification after 31st July 2014)
- Download the pre-assessment form - you will need one form per learner.
- Complete sections 1, 2, 3 only at this stage
- Return your form to Dave Campbell, BWF Marketing & Training Manager via:
- Email: email@example.com quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake in the email
- Fax: 0844 209 2611, quoting the OSAT Course you wish to undertake on the covering page
- Post: British Woodworking Federation, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT
You can register as many candidates as you like, with an initial restriction of 3 learners per company for the BWF portion of grant, where eligible.