This award excellence in technical innovation, application, and achievement innovation in joinery product manufacture and design. This is a new award – splitting out 2015's Technical Award – to recognise innovation in design and technical excellence for a specific product, rather than a project. The 2017 Award is sponsored by Teknos.
The award will be judged against any of the following criteria:
• Innovation – a product that helps to showcase or extend the market for wood
• Design – Overcoming particular technical design difficulties or exploiting new concepts to produce the desired joinery solution(s)
• Excellence & Achievement – Evidence that the company has excelled in their technical application to reach a solution that exceeds the usual requirements and/or expectations of joinery product(s)
The 2017 British Woodworking Federation Awards winners were announced at the BWF Annual Dinner & Awards which took place on Friday 24th November at the fantastic Drapers' Hall, London. Here you can read about the fantastic winning entries and view photos of the event.
The winner of the 2016 Project Design in Wood Award was the Joint entry from Howdens Joinery & Norma Doors for their Quick Fit Internal Door (pictured). Here you can view the shortlist for the awards.
Finalists for the Product Design in Wood 2016 were:
- Future Heritage Sash Windows Limited for their Prestige Sash Window;
- Howarth Windows & Doors Limited for their Town & Country Concealed Balance Sliding Sash Window;
- Joint entry from Howdens Joinery & Norma Doors for their Quick Fit Internal Door, and
- JELD-WEN UK for their Moulded FD30 Glazing Innovation