The purpose of this course is to train candidates to set up and operate CNC woodworking machinery safely.
The scope of this course includes:
- Key components and main features of the CNC machine
- CNC machine limitations for use
- Risks associated with the use of CNC machines
- Regulations applicable to the use of CNC machines
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Selection and setting of tooling
- Selection and setting of guards
- Effective use of safety devices
- Key requirements for CNC programming
- Set up and safe CNC machine operation
- CNC machine care and maintenance.