The purpose of the Level 3 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace is to train candidates in a supervisory position to gain a thorough understanding of health and safety, especially the importance of monitoring staff and controls.
The scope of this qualification includes:
- Requirements for health, safety and awareness in the workplace
- Benefits of using a safety management system
- Principles of risk assessment
- Risks and control measure for common workplace hazards
- How to manage the effects of workplace accidents and incidents