Performance management is perhaps one of the biggest concerns of managers – it is a key responsibility for anyone who has a line management role, and, along with motivating and dealing with staff development, is an integral part of that role. This two day people and performance management training course will help you develop the skills and confidence to build a focused, highly effective team.
The Centre of Strategy and Communication, London
Over the two days you will learn how to:
- distinguish a team from a group and understand what makes a ‘team’
- use different skills for different types of team (inc. self directed teams and remote teams)
- recognise the front-line skills you need as a manager
- apply principles of management to different situations
- assess the management culture of your own organisation, and compare this with best practice
- motivate your team and manage performance by:
- using different management styles, tailored to the individual and the situation
- setting clear, understandable targets and evaluating performance against them
- understanding how to motivate people at work
- distinguishing between motivators and ‘hygiene factors’
- understanding ‘management behaviours’
- relating staff development to motivation and identifying different ways of assisting staff development
- offering constructive feedback to improve performance
- linking formal procedures to performance management
- manage your team by:
- understanding the factors which enable a group to bond as a team
- setting goals, showing how these link to corporate and individual goals and encouraging your team to achieve the
- seeing which management behaviours promote team bonding
- recognising the key role of communication in team leadership
- understanding how to delegate
- provide support and boundaries:
- successfully managing friends and/or former peers
- establishing and maintaining boundaries
- supporting staff in different situations including health/personal difficulties
- use different communication styles and methods to manage your own manager
- the role of mediation in the manager’s toolkit, and how to use it appropriately
This course is part of our portfolio of management training. It is a stand-alone course, and is also part of our Certificate in Leadership and Management Programme (University of London). This course takes place at the Centre’s Central London training suite with easy access to tube and mainline rail stations.
“Informative and covered all key areas/techniques that allow effective performance management.” NT, Metropolitan Housing Trust
“The course was interactive and interesting, dealt with real issues and brought practical examples which made the course very good.” DC, British Youth Council
“Coming on the course has given me the impetus to put some new initiatives into the department. I will lay out an action plan and discuss with my team specific goals.” AB, RBK
Are you a solicitor? If so, you can claim 10 hours of CPD points for this course through the Solicitors Regulation Authority, using reference DZA/CFSC.
Who is this course for?
This people and performance management training course is for team leaders, and those who have line management responsibility. The Centre works with people from all sectors including the public sector, voluntary sector, corporate sector and private sector.
What will this course help me do?
Our people and performance management training course will help you to understand your role as a manager, give you some helpful guidelines for performance management and show you how to apply a range of skills to develop a successful and motivated team.
Other courses to consider
MOVING INTO MANAGEMENT or MOVING FROM MANAGER TO LEADER would add key managerial insights and skills to your work. You might also find INFLUENCING SKILLS a useful course for helping you to operate more effectively both within and outside your organisation.
Use the contact form below for course date details. All set dates will be in London.
This courses start at 10am and will finish by 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Hold this course in-house at set your own dates and tailor your content.
Please contact us on 0844 815 9981 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To arrange a quote for training please complete and return the BWF Training Needs Assessment Form