The Fire Door Alliance’s vision is that every fire door or fire doorset sold in the UK meets required standards throughout its service life. The Fire Door Alliance asserts that only third-party certified fire doors and doorsets are proven to be fit for purpose.
Originally launched as BWF-CERTIFIRE, the scheme was established by a group of Prime Door Manufacturers aiming to increase the standard of fire doors across the supply chain. The partnership combined the membership, technical, lobbying and promotion skills of the BWF with the certification skills of UKAS approved certifying bodies.
Membership of the BWF Fire Door Alliance
Since its evolution to the BWF Fire Door Alliance scheme, membership has expanded to include the following:
- Prime Door Manufacturers
- Door Blanks Manufacturers
- Licensed Door Processors
- Manufacturers / Suppliers of fire doorset and door assembly components including ironmongery, intumescent seals and glazing systems
The Benefits of BWF Fire Door Alliance Membership
With 85 members, it is currently estimated that the BWF Fire Door Alliance represents at least 75% of the timber fire doors sold in the UK. With members ranging from 2 to over 500 employees, the scheme caters for the needs of all companies for best practice, guidance and promotion of the importance of third-party certification. Below is a summary of the key benefits of scheme membership:
- Third party certification proves a commitment to producing high quality safety products.
- You will benefit from the scheme’s promotional activities, including a company listing on the scheme’s own website – www.firedoors.bwf.org.uk
- You can access resources such as literature and some of the videos.
- Expert Technical support from BWF technical staff.
- Access to cascaded certification in a controlled environment.
- Access to exclusive online training modules to support compliance and ensure your workforce understands certification.
- Demonstrate traceability with BWF – labels with manufacturers name printed
You can apply for membership by clicking the button below