BWF members have all signed up to a rigorous set of standards of workmanship, company stewardship and environmental disciplines.
Each member company is visited as part of the vetting procedure and the BWF Team work with you to undertake a focused business audit to ensure you are fully compliant, or are working towards being fully compliant with the BWF Code of Conduct.
Guidance and resources are offered in key areas such as Health and Safety, Human Resources and general Business Support.
- Customer care and response to complaints
- Technical expertise and training
- Environmental impact and waste management
- Sustainability: members must use their best endeavours to meet best practice and source from sustainable sources
- Financial status and stability
- Full insurance cover
- Clarity of contractual dealings
- Compliance with employment, health and safety and education legislation
The Code of Conduct describes expected standards relating to quality of service, manufacture and sourcing. It sets out the principles of good practice for a woodworking or joinery business. The Code represents the standard to which all members have committed themselves to achieving.
The aim is to:
- Set a benchmark standard for the woodworking and joinery industry and help members to achieve it
- Promote and encourage standards and quality in the industry
- Give members confidence in their colleagues
- Ensure the BWF logo is recognised increasingly as a mark of quality, so that customers choose BWF members.
All BWF members are expected to commit themselves to compliance. If a company does not meet the standard, it is expected to work towards compliance. New members who do not comply on joining are expected to reach the standard within 12 months of completing their application.
Please note that whilst the BWF audits members against the Code Of Conduct pillars and works to uphold these standards, we do not under any circumstance assume responsibility or provide any guarantee for product or services supplied by members. In addition, as a trade association we are unable to resolve disputes but ensure our members have a compliant customer complaints process in place.