Primary Members are companies engaged in the manufacture of joinery, timber engineered or structural components, in timber frame construction or other woodworking activities in the UK.
Our Primary Members are diverse and range from small, multi-discipline traditional woodworking businesses to multi-site joinery manufacturers who supply through merchants or direct to housebuilders.
Key benefits include:
- Technical Support, including a dedicated member technical helpline, discounted U-value calculations and guidance on timber material choice, coatings and compliance with legislation.
- Health & Safety resources and support including regular updates, our series of Machine Safety Cards and a dedicated First Response H&S helpline.
- Business support including access to a suite of HR template guides and documents to help members manage employment and HR duties.
- Regular industry updates regarding consultations and changes to legislation including Building Regulations, UKCA and Fire Safety
- Guidance on consumer rights and contract law best practice, supported through our Primary Authority arrangement with West Yorkshire Trading Standards.
- Free credit checking service to help members manage business risks.
- Access to training and skills development support through our network of Training Providers.
In order to be eligible for primary membership, you would need to be manufacturing joinery products from a fit for purpose workshop and have been trading for at least 12 months.
Primary Membership subscriptions are based on annual joinery-related turnover. For a no-obligation subscription quotation, please contact us.