The purpose of this Asbestos Awareness course is to train candidates to understand the risks of exposure to asbestos and how to avoid work which may disturb asbestos-containing materials.
The scope of this course includes:
- Properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- Types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in buildings and plant
- How to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos
- Distinction between licensed work and non-licensed work (notifiable and non-notifiable)
- Procedures to follow with the discovery of asbestos containing materials
- General procedures to deal with a workplace emergency, such as an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace