The theory-based Fire Door Installation Awareness course will ensure participants have a clear understanding of:
- The role of timber fire door assemblies and door sets and why it is important that they are installed correctly;
- How fire door assemblies and door sets work and their place in the wider passive fire protection system;
- The legislation and guidance associated with fire door assemblies and door sets;
- Considerations before installing fire door assemblies and door sets;
- Considerations when installing fire door assemblies and door sets;
- Considerations on completion of the installation of fire door assemblies and door sets.
The course materials and delivery for this Fire Door Installation Awareness training have been developed by the BWF – the organisation’s first ever third-party assured course – and can only be delivered by National Open College Network (NOCN) Approved Centres, based on robust criteria.
Who this course if for:
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in passive fire protection, OR
- Level 2 NVQ or equivalent in site carpentry; OR
- For those who want to increase their awareness in fire door installation.
The course provides candidates with an opportunity to progress on to the achievement of the relevant National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) unit for the installation of fire doors.