The purpose of the Manual Handling in the Workplace course is to train candidates to move and handle woodworking related materials safely.
The scope of this course includes:
- Manual handling principles
- Selecting safe routes for moving woodworking materials
- Selecting and using suitable lifting equipment
- Selecting appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for handling woodworking materials
- Appropriate lifting techniques
- Risk assessments associated with moving and handling woodworking materials