The purpose of this National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is to allow candidates to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge and are competent to undertake a range of passive fire protection work to industry set criteria.
This qualification is assessed through on-site assessment (OSAT) by experienced and qualified staff involved in this field. On achievement the candidate will be able to apply for the relevant CSCS card (In all cases applicants must also pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test).
The scope of this qualification includes assessing competence against the following NVQ units:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
Optional Units (you will choose a maximum of 2 units depending on the types of jobs you regularly do)
- Installing dry cladding in the workplace
- Applying intumescent coatings in the workplace
- Installing fire resisting ductwork systems in the workplace
- Installing fire stopping in the workplace
- Installing cavity barriers in the workplace
- Erecting fire resisting ceiling systems in the workplace
- Applying non-reactive spray coatings in the workplace
- Installing fire resisting timber door assemblies and door-sets in the workplace