The purpose of this National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is to allow candidates to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge and are competent to undertake a range of site carpentry work to industry set criteria.
This qualification is assessed through on-site assessment (OSAT) by experienced and qualified staff involved in this field. On achievement the candidate will be able to apply for the relevant CSCS card (In all cases applicants must also pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test).
The scope of this qualification includes assessing competence against the following NVQ units:
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Installing bespoke first fixing components in the workplace
- Installing bespoke second fixing components in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace
Optional Units (you will choose a maximum of 2 units depending on the types of jobs you regularly do)
- Erecting structural carcassing components in the Workplace
- Maintaining non-structural or structural components in the workplace
- Erecting complex roof structure carcassing components in the workplace