The purpose of this National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is to allow candidates to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge and are competent to undertake a range of occupational supervisory work to industry set criteria.
This qualification is assessed through on-site assessment (OSAT) by experienced and qualified staff involved in this field. On achievement the candidate will be able to apply for the relevant CSCS card (In all cases applicants must also pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test).
The scope of this qualification includes assessing competence against the following NVQ units:
- Confirming work activities and resources for an occupational work area in the workplace
- Developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships in the workplace
- Confirming the occupational method of work in the workplace
- Implementing and maintaining health, safety, environmental and welfare practices in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and organising work operations in the workplace
- Monitoring progress of work against schedules in the workplace
Optional Units (you will choose a maximum of 2 units depending on the types of jobs you regularly do)
- Allocating and monitoring the use of plant, machinery, equipment or vehicles in the workplace
- Confirming work meets contractual, industry and manufacturers’ standards in the workplace
- Implementing procedures to support team performance in the workplace
- Co-ordinating and confirming the dimensional control requirements of the work in the workplace