The purpose of the Safe Use of Woodworking Machinery training course is to train candidates to set up and operate safely a range of woodworking machinery types.
(Machine types including: Sawing, planing, profiling, boring, sanding, jointing, edge finishing, window centre,)
The scope of this course includes:
- Key components and main features of the wood machine
- Wood machine limitations for use
- Risks associated with the use of wood machines
- Regulations applicable to the use of wood machines
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Selection and setting of tooling
- Selection and setting of guards
- Effective use of safety devices
- Set up and safe wood machine operation
- Wood machine care and maintenance.