The purpose of this National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) is to allow candidates to demonstrate and evidence that they have the required skills and knowledge and are competent to undertake a range of architectural joinery work to industry set criteria.
This qualification is assessed through on-site assessment (OSAT) by experienced and qualified staff involved in this field. On achievement the candidate will be able to apply for the relevant CSCS card (In all cases applicants must also pass the appropriate CITB Health, Safety and Environment test).
The scope of this qualification includes assessing competence against the following NVQ units:
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Manufacturing routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
Optional Units (you will choose a maximum of 1 unit depending on the types of jobs you regularly do)
- Producing setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Marking out from setting out details for routine architectural joinery products in the workplace
- Setting up and using transportable cutting and shaping machines in the workplace