Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeship Carpentry and Joinery apprenticeships involve carrying out skilled work, primarily using timber components, either on a construction site or in a workshop, creating and installing building products. This is a ‘core and options’ apprenticeship, with two pathways available:
Pathway 1: Site Carpenter
- Will normally work on a building site or in domestic and commercial premises
- Role to prepare and fix building components on site, from the initial erection of a new building, through to the installation of all necessary fixtures and fittings.
- Carry out a range of repair and maintenance activities to exiting premises
Pathway 2: Architectural Joiner
- Will normally be employed in a workshop producing timber-based building components and other architectural products.
- Products include doors, windows, units and staircases, which are then transported to construction sites to be installed by site carpenters.