Submitting your CPD records

If you wish to gain accreditation for your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) record, you’ll need to submit it to the BWF at the end of the CPD year.

Submitting your CPD log sheets

The CPD year wiil end on the 31st July and you have until the end of the first week of November to submit your records.

How do I submit it to BWF?

If you are set up on the online CPD system, you will need to formally submit your record, once you have completed it. Your manager will need to approve it, or if you are the ‘super manager’ for your company within the system, you will be audited.

If you wish to submit your record hardcoy, you can send your CPD record sheet via post, email or fax. Please mark for the attention of Dave Campbell, CPD Manager.

Post: BWF CPD Programme, British Woodworking Federation, The Building Centre, 26 Store Street, London WC1E 7BT


Fax: 0844 206 2611

Do I need to send my evidence of CPD activity?

Not in the first instance. Ensure that your online record is complete, including the testamonials & reflection page and ensure that it isapproved by your line manager. If you are a director, you will be audited as part of the process conducted by the BWF.

We do an audit of a proportion of CPD submissions each year. If you are selected for audit, you will be formally asked to submit evidence of what you have declared on your log sheet within 3 weeks of our notification.

If you are moving from Bronze (1 year’s CPD) to Silver (2 consecutive years of CPD) Accreditation, you will be audited. You will need to show evidence of a Level 2 or higher qualification, whether comepleted during the 2013/14 year, or previously. If you have not completed a Level 2 or higher qualification, you will remain on Bronze Accreditation until you have completed one.

Do I pay a fee for accreditation?

Yes. If your company is a member of the BWF or WITForum, the fee is £10+VAT per person. If your company is not a BWF member, or you are self or unemployed, the fee is £50+VAT per person.

Payment method will depend on how your company is set up on the system. Many are set for invoice, which means this will be sent to you once all your comapny’s declarations are submitted. If you are only registered as an individual on the system, you will will need to pay by card through the system. Company’s that have opted not to pay for thier staff, will mean indidivuals will need to pay pay card indivdually through the system.

In paying an invoice, you can pay by the following methods:

BACS payment: A/C name: British Woodworking Federation A/C No: 41578022 Sort Code: 40-07-13 and use the reference ‘CPD’

Cheque: made payable to ‘British Woodworking Federation’ (do NOT use our initials ‘BWF’)

Credit Card: Please call the BWF Accounts Dept on 0844 209 2610 who will take the fee over the phone.

We will provided a VAT recepted invoice upon recieving payment. We will not issue certificates until the fee has been paid.

What happens if there is a problem with with CPD record?

If you are selected for audit and there is a problem with your record, we will contact you to attempt to resolve the issue so you can achieve accreditation.

How long will it be before I recieve my certificate?

We aim to have all certificates sent out by the end of October. In cases where you have not been audited, the certificate may arrive considerably earlier.

I have another question about submission, how can I contact you?

If you have further queries about submitting your CPD record, please contact the CPD manager, Dave Campbell, at or call 0844 815 9981.